Friday 3 June 2011

Writing (Hello blog followers!)

We spend a lot of time on writing in Room 3.  We do it every morning rain, hail or shine.  At this level it is about learning to write independently but equally as important, children realising that they have a voice and ideas worth sharing.

Even at this age we encourage children to 'show' rather then 'tell'.  An example of this might be instead of   "I felt mad" -(tell)                            "I stomped my feet and frowned" - (show).

 They are also encouraged to provide quite specific detail about one moment, so rather than
"I went on the swing.  I went home."    
We want  
"I swung up high.  I kicked my legs backwards and forwards.


Here is some writing from Room 3 about Autumn.


I am playing in the leaves.  I jump in the leaves and they dance and swirl.  By Brodi
I watched the leaves float to the ground.  They blew in my face.   By Cohen
The wind blows the leaves to the ground. I grab them in the sky.   By Chloe
I like the leaves.  They swirl all around us. They fall  right down to the ground.  By Evie
I like the leaves.  They sway in the wind.  By Mia
Autumn leaves float down in the Autumn.  I dance with them. We catch them with our hands. By Keegan









2 comments:

  1. Wow Room 3 - what clever writing about autumn. I love it!
    Ms F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me to.It is awsome.

    from Quinita

    ReplyDelete

Write a comment . We would love to hear from you.....